Beloved Havanese Waverly Hall, GA 31831 Deborah Owens 706 577 5733 Office Hours, M-F 1-4:00, Call and leave message anytime. We Will Call you back as quickly as possible. It is usually best to reach us by phone. BelovedHavanese@aol.com
IF YOU HAVE CONTACTED US PRIOR FOR A RETIRED DOG - IT IS TIME TO GET IN TOUCH WITH US NOW FOR OUR SUMMER PLACEMENTS OF RETIRED DOGS. WE USUALLY PLACE TWO DOGS TOGETHER, SO THEIR ADJUSTMENT IS EASIER.
ACCEPTING APPS NOW FOR RETIRED DOGS WITH SUMMER PLACEMENTS.
We place our older dogs in loving homes in the summer months. If you have placed an application with us give us a call.
Our older dogs are about $250 for spay neuter, which is done prior to leaving us, and they are 5-6 years old. Call us if you are interested.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE A RETIRED ADULT BELOVED HAVANESE DOG PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AND FILL OUT OUR APPLICATION AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
WE DO NOT PLACE RETIRED DOGS IN APTS, OR MULTIPLE FAMILY DWELLINGS. THEY ONLY GO TO GA HOMES WITH PRIVATELY FENCED YARDS.
Havanese Dog Information on this website
Questions to help you understand
if an older retired dog is right for you:
1. Is financial consideration the main reason I want an older retired dog?
2. Can I handle two Havanese?
3. Do I want a puppy and a retired dog or two retired dogs?
4. Do I have a fenced yard that is absolutely dog proof so the new retired dogs cannot get out and run away?
5. Do I have the patience to live with a depressed dog for a few weeks?
6. Can I accept a dog that is older and not a playful puppy but a more sedentary animal?
7. Can I accept the fact that the dog will probably live only 10 more years at most?
8. Can I spend a lot of time with the dog during the adjustment period?
Havanese Puppies For Sale
Older Dogs, That Are About 5-6 Years Old Are USUALLY ONLY Available to Older Couples! We will make some exceptions so call us with questions! They Are NOT For Financially Strapped Families!
We can provide older dogs for the cost of spay/neuter, to the right family. We prefer older retired couples who are well established and stable. Families getting the older dogs must pay for the spay/neuter of the dogs, which is $250. We prefer to place two together, or to place one older retired Havanese with another younger Havanese puppy.
These are precious dogs that are about 5 - 6 years of age and they are not always available to special needs families, usually, (as our puppies are), and they are not available to people who are financially strapped. With all due respect, these older dogs are not available to people who are experiencing financial troubles, as we want to be sure the family can afford to keep the dog.
Please see this entire page with information on older dog placement. There are special circumstances surrounding an older dog placement.
To be sure one might fit with your family, please read our website on Older Dog Placement, prior to calling us. The website will probably answer your questions.
If you think one will fit with your older family please fill out our application and email it to us. We do not open attachments or emails with stationery attachments. Our application can be found on our website.
Please read all of the breed info prior to calling. http://www.belovedhavanese.net
No breeders need apply.
They are very sweet and loving.
These dogs are for people who know the breed, and are able to offer an older, quiet, stable home.
After you apply it may take us a few weeks to set up an appointment with you.
copyright deborah owens 2012
We will provide a retired older dog, with only the spay neuter costs, $250, to the right home. The cost is subject to change.
We prefer to place two of our dogs (at the same time), together, in a new home, when possible.
1. All dogs must be spay-neutered, so the new owners must pay $250, each, for spay-neuter. This cost is subject to change. They are spay neutered prior to leaving here.
2. We prefer GA homes for these placements, unless you already have one of our dogs, and live out of state.
3. If you are interested in one of our older dogs, with only the spay-neuter costs, please submit an application.
Please, send the Application to us in an email. NO ATTACHMENTS OR STATIONARY AS WE DO NOT OPEN THEM.
We do not open attachments. Attachments are deleted.
4. If you are out of state, or in state, and you have one of our dogs, you need only contact us, no application is necessary.
5. Shipping costs for out of state are $375, subject to increase. This shipping cost will include a new large transport case, which can be used for transporting the dog in your car for the life of the dog. We will only ship a retired dog when the family already has one of our dogs. We much prefer to let you meet the dog. We have never done this shipment with an older retired dog but we may do it under the right circumstances, if the family already has a dog from us.
What are the up and down sides of getting an older dog free, with only spay-neuter costs of $250, (subject to change)?
1. The dog is free, with only a spay-neuter cost, of $250, each, but, subject to change with cost increases.
2. No puppy stages of teething, learning, etc.
3. No waiting to see what the dog will look like, when the pup grows up.
4. No color changes in coat.
5. The dog is past the "Energizer Bunny" stage of development. 6. The dog has had all shots, wormings.
7. The dog is trained.
1. You miss the puppy stage with all of its learning phase/fun changes. The adult dog is available on an "AS IS" basis.
2. You miss out on initial training and accept the dog as a work in progress.
3. You must pay for spay-neuter, $250, and possibly shipment, $375, both subject to change.
4. The dog may appear somewhat depressed when he/she first arrives as it has left its family, and needs extra love.
5. The dog may not, probably will not, automatically see you as his/her new best friend, and may appear shy and a little withdrawn at first. This might last for a couple of months. And, though the dog may at first appear friendly the dog may turn very shy after a couple of days. That is depression. The dog has been ripped from its loving home and friends. The dog may think it will be returned to its loving home and become more depressed with each passing day. It may get worse before it gets better. This is one reason we prefer to place two of our dogs together. The dog WILL EVENTUALLY come around and be your best friend! We feel we owe it to you to be completely forthright with you and let you know this period of adjustment is inevitable, however, the dog will learn to love you and become your best friend!
6. The dog is accustomed to doing things a little differently than you do them in your home, and may act confused and unsure of the new surroundings. The dog's confidence may be upset and the dog's confidence may take a few months to return. Let him or her follow you through the house to restore confidence. Having a role of following allows the dog to accept a structure, and provides confidence in the ability to understand the environment and feel like it is predictable. Confidence is built as the dog decides that things are dependable.
7. The dog may try to run away and return to us. Be sure that does not happen as they can run fast.
8. The dog is not leash-halter trained or doggie-door trained. The dog cannot use a collar and leash and should only be trained to a halter and leash. Collars & leashes will harm the Havanese neck.
9. The dog is not accustomed to going outside to do business alone, as the dog has always had the companionship of other dogs and us, so the dog may not want to go outside without other animals. The presence of other small dogs in the home, which go outside with the new dog, will aid the new house training that must take place at your home. This is one reason we prefer to place two of our dogs together.
10. Leash/Halter training may take a little time.
11. Training to go outside at your home will take some time and effort on your part, but it can be done quite easily.
12. The dog is not trained to use the bathroom on a leash, and training the dog to both use the leash and to follow and go to the bathroom at the same time, will take a little while to accomplish. The dog is accustomed to spending hours outside in play outside with doggie friends, and the absence of hours outside with doggie friends may cause house training problems for you. The dog may need advanced house training if he/she only gets to go outside to use the bathroom or if the dog goes out with only a human. This is one reason we prefer to place two of our dogs together. Training for your home will be easy if you are consistent and let the dog know your rules and your schedule while being very loving to the dog.
13. The dog is trained to sleep in a 36 inch long wire cage, not a plastic transport case. A transport case is too small and confined for the dog to use in the house. It also prevents the dog from viewing his/her environment.
14. A doggie gate should be used to protect the dog from decks, stairs, cliffs, balconies, etc.
15. The dog should be confined to the kitchen, laundry room, breakfast room areas, washable floor areas. The dog should not be confined to a bathroom or secluded section of the house. Puppy gates should be used for a couple of years to prevent the run of the house, which would create house training issues and possibly a runaway dog, with a rush on the door.
16. The dog needs a securely fenced yard, so he/she cannot get away. An X-Pen, Small lightweight Exercise Pen, that is purchased from pet stores and catalogs may not contain the dog well enough. A dog that must be carried to a small fenced enclosure will not do well with house training. The dog should be able to go outside the backdoor and be securely confined to his yard.
17. Electric fences and collars do not work with this breed. They will run straight through them and get scars on their necks from the shocks. Electric fences also do not protect Havanese from other dogs. Do not ever use an electric fence with a Havanese.
18. Havanese need protection from other dogs because they may run up to the other dogs and kiss them. Many other breeds take offense at the kissy nature of the Havanese and will attack. Havanese will not defend themselves, they will lay down, submissively, and let the other dog attack them. They must be protected from their own affectionate nature and the probability of an attack upon them.
19. The dog will need a SLOW introduction to any other animals in the household. The new "siblings" may take months to adjust.
20. The dog will need a lot of lap time and attention.
21. The dog may appear needy and even cower at new things at first. Allowing the dog to follow you through the house will cure this right away. To give the dog confidence please remember, the Dog follows the human not the human follows the dog.
22. Havanese are very sensitive and may be taken aback at loud voices and discipline. The dogs are not exposed to screaming, harshness or discipline and if you impose harshness upon the dog, the dog will not adjust well. The dog is accustomed to a very quiet country life without noise, sirens, cars, roads, traffic, loud televisions, street lights, etc. An older Havanese will need time to adjust to the very new life and lifestyle. They will adjust in time.
23. Havanese are very submissive and will shy away from loud and obtrusive people. They are very friendly animals and they are outgoing, but they may take a while to adjust.
Older Dog Placements are not for everyone. They probably work best for retired couples, who have a sedentary, quiet life, and lots of time to spend with the dog.
This is one reason we prefer to place two of our dogs together. We will make some exceptions to this for the right families.
Families that have one of our dogs already are given priority.
We seldom send out pictures of our retired dogs and prefer, instead, to show you the dogs in person, and meet with you, after your application has been approved.
Thank you for reading this and being concerned enough to want the best for your family and our dog.
These darlings make wonderful and loving pets.
copyright deborah owens 2012
As a Security Precaution, Email with Attachments, Email with Embedded or Attached Photos & Email with Stationary will be deleted. If you do not get a response to your email, please call us. BelovedHavanese@aol.com
All Placements Are Made With A Retired Dog Contract. This is the Application. Dogs are older, retired dogs.
BELOVED HAVANESE ADULT DOG APPLICATION
COPY AND PUT APPLICATION IN AN EMAIL, NOT AS AN ATTACHMENT TO AN EMAIL!
Are you interested in a retired dog?
Do you understand that the spay-neuter cost is $250, and subject to change?
Do you understand that retired dogs are only placed in a home with another Havanese?
How do you plan to have two Havanese? Do you want two Retired?
Do you want a Pup and a Retired?
Do you have one of our dogs?
Have you ever seen a Havanese?
Do you like the look of one of the dogs on our website?
What are you looking for in a Havanese: size, color, male or female? MOST ARE WHITE.
Can you tell us the reasons you want a Havanese?
Do You have a Special Needs situation?
Names & Ages of Family Members
Please include first and last name of prospective owners:
Are you a breeder? Have you ever had a litter of puppies? If so, please describe.
Have you ever worked in the pet industry, owned a show animal or know people who have?
Do you know anyone who owns a Havanese?
How did you hear about us?
Are you working as an agent to provide this animal to any other person, group, organization, business, firm or company?
Do you understand that our contract requires you return the animal to us if, for any reason you cannot keep the animal?
Do you also understand that we will always accept one of our animals back, even if it has been exposed to adverse treatment/care, though we may not refund?
Individuals who fraudulently misrepresent themselves as pet purchasers, when in fact they are breeders, or individuals acting as agents for a breeder, wholesaler, importer/exporter, pet store, flea market or other enterprise will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Shock /bark collars, underground or electric fences, citronella collars, chaining, living outside and water spraying shall not be used on the animal.
Do you plan to travel abroad? Would you take the pup with you?
Please add any Additional Information or Comments:
Beloved Havanese Deborah Owens 706 577 5733 Office Hours Usually M-F 1-4:00, but call and leave message anytime We Will Call you back as quickly as possible. email: BelovedHavanese@aol.com
As a Security Precaution, Email with Attachments, Email with Embedded or Attached Photos & Email with Stationary will be deleted. If you do not get a response to your email, please call us.
Do you love me just because I am Beautiful? Sometimes we can get messy, tousled, and just plain all around imperfect.
Yes, we get tousled hair and look messy sometimes.
Havanese Puppies For Sale Waverly Hall, GA 31831 Deborah Owens 706 577 5733 Office Hours, M-F 1-4:00, but call anytime, we try to answer the phone or leave a message and we Will Call you back as quickly as possible. email: BelovedHavanese@aol.com
Our Old website- see the pics www.BelovedHavanese.com All rights Reserved. copyright deborah owens 2012 We have many inquiries per year, so we have put all of our MOST CURRENT information on the pages on this website exclusively. If you are serious about getting a dog from us please send an application and call us. Puppies are shown to qualified applicants only and unfortunately due to time constraints, we cannot provide puppies for afternoon entertainment to the curious. We cannot do petting zoo visits for the curious, if we did, we would never do anything but show wonderful playful puppies to sweet children and curious parents all day long, every single day of the year. With All Due Respect, Our time is as valuable as the next person's so please contact us only if you are serious about getting a Beloved.